Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Everything in this country is just slightly off.

I think it's almost done just to spite me....

1) Dryers do not have exhausts like in the US, the moisture collects in some tray. I didn't know this. The tray was full. I pulled my clothes out after an hour soaking wet and about 200 degrees. Almost like I was pulling them out of boiling water. I basically was...

2) Germans are pretty good at cars and beer, but they're less than mediocre at city planning... City streets are neither numbered nor named alphabetically. If you continue on the same street for more than 3 blocks, the street name will change. Makes it real easy for a foreigner to find his way around...

3) After the first night in the hotel, the maid stole my comforter. Never got it back. I still haven't figured that one out...

Oh, did I mention the Super bowl doesn't end here until around 5am Monday morning? Lame.

2 comments:

Teresa said...

1. Um...when you said dryer issues, I thought you didn't have one. Like in Spain. No dryers there. Anywhere. I made it 6 months with a clothes line connected to another apartment in a courtyard. You had to forecast rain storms and if you dropped your clothes, you would never see them again. Oh, and there were always stiffer than cardboard. So...you are doing alright.

2. Reminds me of the streets of New Orleans. You'll figure it out.

3. Go Colts!

Creative Pseudonym said...

You should Tivo the game and watch it at a reasonable hour.

oh wait...