Sunday, April 29, 2007

London

I took a trip to London this past weekend with my friend Chi. A few of the noteworthy items:

1) I was off the plane for 3 minutes when I found the root of the English dental hygiene problem. Apparently, they have been trying to chew their toothbrush.

2) It turns out, driving on the left side of the road doesn't only matter if you're driving, it also matters if you're trying to cross. Cars were coming from all kinds of directions I didn't expect. Luckily, Chi was there to save my life 18 times.



Unfortunately, I look neither right nor down. I look left, where the cars are supposed to be coming from.

3) Exchange rates are very important. 2.50 is expensive for water, but when that's in pounds, so you're actually paying over $5 for water, it's ridiculous. Everything was priced as you'd expect it except 1 pound is 2.08 dollars. My wallet still hurts.

4) It may surprise some that in a land that names its food "bubbles and squeaks" and "bangers and mash", it is hard to find something delicious. The best two meals we had were both in the airport.

5) Despite my request, the Queen will not be commenting on this blog.

No comments: