Wednesday, March 14, 2007

More on Germany

1. Parking lots in Germany will have a sign that says "frei" (free). After parking several times and having to pay, I've realized they mean free as in available, not free as in free... I guess there's more to learning a foreign language then memorizing words.

2. Afraid of declining birth rates, the German government will now give its citizens up to $33,470 to have a baby. Maybe I should go find me Helga while I'm here....

3. March has significantly less Madness in Europe. It's a good thing I didn't come here during football season.

3 comments:

Creative Pseudonym said...

Your link to the baby subsidy goes to the Boston Herald website... which means you're reading US newspapers (of cities you do not live in) for your information about the country you currently reside in. My head asplode.

Teresa said...

Morgan was that $ or Euro's?
33,000 Euros is practically more than I make in a year. Do you have to be married to collect??? Then you and Helga would have to sign some sort of pre-nup...and you don't know German well enough for a contract.

Anonymous said...

were you wearing the homer pajama pants i told you about while doing this...you are so smrt.